4 Steps for KDIPA Investment Licensing Procedures
Submit The Application Request Form on KDIPA’s Investor Service Portal by
- Selecting the type of the Investment Entity
- Identify the Economic activity from ISIC Code kindly ensure that the activities chosen do not contradict the Negative List,
Feedback on the Application Request Form submission will be given within 3 business days
For further information on how to fill out The Application Request Form on KDIPA’s Investor Service Portal refer to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=rlsLy9lABAc&feature=youtu.be
2. Business Plan
The business plan consists of the project profile, technical aspect, the criteria, and the financial aspect of the project.
- List of required content to be included in the forecasted business plan of the project based on the Introductory Guide, Refer to Business Plan Guide for the definitions of its contents
- Labor Requirements: List the number of employees
- Equipment Chart: A list of imported goods with the required HS code, quantity and price per unit
3. Application and Decision
- Once the Business plan is ready for processing the following documents required for the Application stage:
- Required Legal Documents A list of required documents and necessary actions
- Application A: A form to apply for establishing a Kuwaiti Company
- Application B: A form to apply for opening a Branch of the Mother Company in Kuwait
- Application C: A form to apply for opening a representatives office
- Power of Attorney Template.
- Board of Resolution Template.
- Pay Application Fees
- KDIPA Fees: Stated fees schedule for services rendered by KDIPA according to Ministerial Decision No. 182 of 2022.
Based on Decision of the Director General of KDIPA approval or refusal will be provided within 30 working days
The Establishment Process is the last stage of the process which entails the setup phase of the entity and the required documents from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry upon establishing a “Kuwaiti Company” or to open a “Branch of the Mother Company” and obtaining licenses.
Following requirements needed at this stage depending on the request.
- Memorandum of Association Form for a Single Person Company: This step is required only when applied for the establishment of a single person company.
- Memorandum of Association Form for a Limited Liability Company: This step is required only when applied for the establishment of Limited Liability Company.